Small group workshops/field trips on location
Lulworth Cove and Durdle Door, Dorset coast, England:
The Jurassic Coast is the pearl of the British coastline, carved over 250 million years by the elements. One of its most famous locations is Lulworth Cove and Durdle Door rock arch.
Cost: UK£90 (100 Eur) per person (5 people max)
Group bookings: Larger group bookings are available on request.
Contact me for more info
Suitable for: Everyone from compact to DSLR users. This is especially useful for compact users whose camera is not advanced enough for the beginners workshop. Instead, you can come here and learn how to get the best from your camera.
What you will learn:
- The basic principles of how a camera takes a photo
- Understanding of shutter speed, aperture, ISO and white balance
- How to use the camera's light meter
- How to create background blur in your portrait and close-up photographs, or isolate objects from the background to make them stand out more
- To get detail in your landscape shots
- How to make sure your subject is sharp by controlling autofocus
- How blurring can occur due to camera-shake or movement and ways to prevent this
- How to create blur or motion in a photo when required
- How to use Exposure Compensation and what effects it has
- When shooting in manual mode can help
- How to shoot moving objects and keep them in focus
- Understanding the technical aspects of a digital image, resolution, pixel count, JPEG
- What is RAW and why you should always shoot in this format
- Composing your images for the best shots
Detailed handout: I know how hard it can be to try and scribble down notes at any kind of lesson or workshop, and so to this end I have created a detailed handout that covers everything we cover, so you don't have to make any notes. You will learn a lot in one day, so it's especially useful to refer back to in the future when you go out on your own.
Accommodation: Accommodation is not included, but if required it can be arranged for you at extra cost.
Booking: If you are interested in this workshop then you can book now. Full payment can be made 2 weeks before the start date.
Once a booking is agreed you will be sent an invoice for payment, which must be paid at least 2 weeks before the workshop date, unless otherwise agreed or booking was made closer to the date. Payment can be made by bank transfer, paypal or personal cheque.
If your workshop is cancelled for any reason by me then a full refund will be given, or you will have the chance to join another group. Should you cancel for any reason after payment has been made then a full refund will be given up to two weeks before the workshop date, but after that a full refund will only be given if I have a minimum of three people on the date of your booking.
Want to make a weekend break out of it? Then join my Jurassic Coast weekend tour. Details here:
Back to index